The importance of investing in Portugal: New Incentive Scheme
In this article we review the most important points to invest in Portugal. Start looking at Portugal as an option, or rather, an investment opportunity.
It is important to highlight the importance of the Diaspora which helps the country to evolve, creating wealth and jobs, increasing the number of investments and establishing stronger links.
Let us see, therefore, some points of why Portugal is one of the best countries for investment.
- One of the main points for an investment in Portugal is security. According to Global Citizen Solutions, Portugal is the 3rd safest country in the world, behind Iceland and New Zealand.
- According to the National Institute of Statistics (INE, 2019), the number of arrivals of non-resident tourists in Portugal grew by 7.9%.
- In the real estate area, government tax incentives have helped the sector to gradually increase in recent years. Golden Visa is one example, as in July 2019 it reached 98,000 euros of investments in just four weeks.
- Gross monthly earnings increased by 2.8%.
- According to Forbes(2018), Portugal has become one of the best countries to invest in, ranking 39th according to the World Bank (2020)
- The location thus also becomes an important factor for investment in Portugal. With a strategic positioning, which stimulates activities with other continents, it is the European country closest to the United States and Canada.
- The sea and air routes are key points of interaction with Europe.
- The high levels of education and access to health care are two of the characteristics that influence the quality of life of residents
Portugal has been a member state of the European Union since 1986, of the United Nations and the OECD, and is considered by experts to be one of the countries with the greatest political stability today.
All these data prove the point: Portugal has
become an oasis for investors. If expectations are met, there will be continued
growth in the country in the coming years.